Makes 250 ml (9 fl oz/1 cup)
- 60 g (21/4 oz/2 cups) fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 80 g (23/4 oz/1/2 cup) cashew nuts, lightly toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 small red chilli, seeded and chopped (use less if you don't like things spicy)
- olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the coriander, cashew nuts, garlic, ginger and chilli in a food processor until well blended.
- With the motor running, add olive oil a little at a time until the pesto has a smooth consistency.
- Add the lime juice and season with salt and black pepper.
- Either use within a day or so, or spoon into a sterilized jar and keep in the fridge.
- Once you’ve opened the jar, pour a thin layer of oil over the top of the pesto to keep it fresh.
Sterilise a jar by washing in hot soapy water or in the dishwasher, and then rinsing well. Place the jar and lid on a baking tray and dry in a warm oven for at least 20 minutes. Leave jar to cool before using.