- 125g (4 oz) butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 250g (8 oz) chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- Place butter, vanilla extract and sugar in a bowl and then beat until creamy.
- Beat egg into mixture and then stir through flours, coconut and chocolate.
- Roll 2 tablespoons of mixture at a time into balls.
- Place balls on lined baking trays and flatten a little.
- Bake in preheated oven at 190 degrees celsius.
- Cool on trays if you can bear to leave them to cool!